FRESHTAG Time and Temperature Sensor
FreshTag is a smart label that shows the accumulated time-temperature history of a product. It is applied at point of manufacture by a standard label applicator and, once applied, it will travel with the product through the supply chain. Printing of the label is 100% customisable or can be built within an existing label design. FreshTag is designed to operate between a set time and temperature and can be calibrated to suit a wide range of shelf lives. If the set time-temperature parameters are breached, the label will change colour. The label is easy to use and encourages better control in the supply chain. It is suitable for fresh produce, pharmaceutical, and medical products to indicate exposure to excessive temperature (and time at temperature). It indicates the full temperature history of a shipment to help identify the time period that out-of-tolerance temperatures were encountered. This temperature history can be used to calculate the loss of shelf-life or the likelihood of spoilage.
- USED ON EVERY PALLET, CASE OR INDIVIDUAL ITEM (More comprehensive view of temperature)
- EASY TO USE (Colour is easy to interpret by eye)
- TEMPERATURE SENSITIVE
- SUITABLE FOR ALL COLD CHAIN PRODUCTS
- USED WITH OR IN REPLACEMENT OF EXISTING HARDWARE-BASED COLD CHAIN MONITORING SYSTEMS (Helps decision making)
- ENHANCES FOOD SAFETY & FRESHNESS
- REDUCES FOOD WASTE
- COST EFFECTIVE
- EASILY IDENTIFIES OLDER STOCK
- EASILY IDENTIFIES MAJOR TEMPERATURE FAILURES
- GREATER CONFIDENCE IN THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCT AND SHELF LIFE
- ENCOURAGES BETTER TEMPERATURE CONTROL IN THE SUPPLY CHAIN
AFTER OPENING FRESHNESS TIMER
The After Opening Freshness Timer is intended for foods packaged within a modified atmosphere, such as cooked meats and cheeses. Food packaging manufacturers can print its smart ink into the lidding film of the packaging and, once opened, the ink changes colour over time to indicate how long the pack has been opened for when correctly refrigerated. In doing so, it indirectly provides advice regarding the freshness of the product, with the intention that this ‘consume within’ advice will stop the consumer throwing out the food unnecessarily while it may still be safe to eat.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- The timing can be calibrated to meet various produce within guidelines
- Provides a visual indication of how long a food pack has been opened
- Suitable for products packaged under CO2 (cooked meat, cheese, etc.)
- Helps ensure products are consumed at optimal freshness and within food safety guidelines
- Can assist in extending consume within guidelines
- Reduces unnecessary food waste
Watch the video below to see FreshTag in action.