The Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) has announced today the finalists for the 2021 Australasian Packaging Innovation & Design (PIDA) Awards. Result Group’s collaboration with True Foods on their Simson’s Pantry Wraps packaging has earned the companies a finalist nomination in the ‘Save Food Packaging Design of the Year’ category and we are super wrapped about it.
Coordinated by the AIP, the annual PIDA Awards program has been designed to recognise companies and individuals who are making a significant difference in their field across Australia and New Zealand.
The Packaging Innovation & Design of the Year company awards recognise organisations that have designed innovative packaging within each of these six categories:
- Food Packaging Design of the Year
- Beverage Packaging Design of the Year
- Health, Beauty & Wellness Packaging Design of the Year
- Domestic & Household Packaging Design of the Year
- Labelling & Decoration Design of the Year
- Outside of the Box Design of the Year
The PIDA Awards also sees finalists in a number of special awards including:
- Marketing Design of the Year
- Save Food Packaging Design of the Year
- Sustainable Packaging Design of the Year
- Young Packaging Professional of the Year
- Industry Packaging Professional of the Year
2021 Save Food Packaging Design of the Year
The Save Food Packaging category is designed to recognise companies that are working to minimise or prevent food waste from paddock to plate using innovative and intuitive design features that can contain & protect, preserve and extend shelf life; all the while meeting global sustainable packaging targets. This is a WorldStar Packaging Award category.
Finalists are Edgell Supa Crunch (Simplot Australia), George Weston Foods (O F Packaging), Junee Lamb (Sealed Air for CRYOVAC brand Total Bone Guard), Simson’s Pantry Wraps (True Foods & Result Group), Southern Fresh Foods (N.A.V.I Co Global).
The PIDA awards are the exclusive feeder program for Australia and New Zealand for the prestigious WorldStar Packaging Awards with winners automatically eligible for entry into the 2022 WorldStar Packaging Awards competition.
*press release courtsey of the AIP